A Hotel with character and history
The building was built in 1760 by D. Cesáreo de la Torre and Ceballos, a native of Lima, captain of Güímar and member of the Royal Economic Society of La Laguna, later became the residence of the Bishop of Tenerife D. Luis Folgueras and also College Major of the Canary Islands Institute.
In 1885 it was transformed into a Hotel by Benjamin Renshaw. He has recently joined Grupo Rosa – Fariones Group of Lanzarote. This hotel group was awarded the Gold Medal of Tourism of the Government of the Canary Islands in 2006 for being a pioneer group in the tourist renewal of the island of Lanzarote.
Declared Historical-Artistic Heritage of the city, it is located in the center of the Laguna, a city declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO on December 2, 1999.